Wednesday, April 3, 2013

Met up with a friend, he's moving tomorrow.  Far.  Had some beers and laughed about the times we were both homeless.  I drove forty miles last night, to see my friend, only to spend an hour with them.  Maybe I need to feel lonely, because it drives me to reach out.  It drives me to hit the road and see them, because I feel like there's more enemies in the world than friends, than brothers.

So here I am, at home again.  Washing up for the third time today.  I can't stand thinking im dirty, after I've known how disgusting, and grimy i've been... That point when your eyes water with your own stink.  Sleeping with a weapon, sleeping lightly.  The watch going off about four hours into it, so you can wake up and check things out, so you can wake up and make sure everything is okay.  And it is, it's the same song, a song that never leaves you.  And I know I discuss it alot, but theres so much pain all over the world, there's so much pain in our own cities.  The kid I met, and shared food with, shared my book with.. both of us homeless too.. theres so much pain, there's so much suffering.. just be thankful for the bed you have, and blankets you use, because so many people out there.. so many people feel like you take your things for granted, and you do.

No comments:

Post a Comment