Wednesday, June 27, 2012

crowning

   I guarantee that what I am writing will better a life.  Will take a sword, and put it in your pocket, so you can rally those around you, into a small army and load up in the present, springing out onto the enemy, while they sleep, while they party, and with your band of family and friends, you too will take the city back, and open the gates for a bigger group to come.

   Although im battling little sleep, and 10 hour work days, the loss of my grandma etc.. although I keep having a re-occurring dream of not doing math homework and deadlines creeping in, although I keep having nightmares that take place at school in some theme of laziness, although im battling this heat and a dying dog, I'm making it happen,

   for you.

   I'm bringing this work to life...and in the light of my tablet and amateur radio communication, I listen to the different people talk in their diverse languages -across the wavelengths in empty moonlight and dull wind.  I listen in the light, and record these conversations, (broken up by latency and microphone clicks), I listen to a very human voice sounding alien to people they've never met, to people they've never seen, and although this sort of artificial distance exists, a very naked honesty is present.  A very familiar loneliness takes root in me, and all 8 other silent listeners.

   A wanting to be heard, a need to listen.

I sit in the dark of my study room -with the world asleep, and listen back for another friend.

     A risk -only some.  A gamble?  Everything.
                           -PELICAN

No comments:

Post a Comment