Tuesday, January 22, 2013

I met with a former mentor the other night.  We talked Beatles albums, Abbey Road (the studio), Brian Wilson, The Fountainhead, and Rush for starters... Artwork in this generation, the power of the Internet, and other students he taught.  He hooked me up with his latest album, and we left under the pretenses to meet again.  My guitar instructor, someone who's tried to stay in touch with me, and followed my failing writing career.. but there will be a fifth book after this.  Only, im not sure when.  But he used to tell me that as I get older, time will move faster, and sitting there, me and my first of many guitars, we would sit there and focus on the music together.  My teacher, instrument, and I.  We talked drummers, and name dropped all the producers of movie's we know, and business people we'd love to imitate.  Talking about my recent 'crash course' on life... we talked celebrity women we'd like to court.. (mine being Lindsey Lohan)... it was low-key.. two aging friends, meeting up.  My guitar teacher, I live in his city now.  But I think about the mentors I've had, and how much they taught me.  I havent forgotten what they've given, and wonder how our projects line up together, now.  Because we seem to be on the same page, but not talking about it.. our own little worlds.  I wish they would align together, because I need their words now, more than ever.

and with the first draft coming.. I'm about 40% done with the first draft.. probably 30% complete with the project overall.. and June coming so fast.. believe me, im spending my time right, im doing all I can to make sure this plant gets all the water    

No comments:

Post a Comment