Thursday, February 21, 2013

two-twenty one

not doing anything Polyester related today.. or the next few days for that matter, but I went to visit my oldest sister.. spent some time talking about some things... shot over to my parent's house, but they weren't home, so I did a little spec ops routine and got into their place, broke out the lawn mower and cut their grass.. Im not sure when the last time was, when it was that my dad cut it, but it couldnt wait.  I decided to mow the lawns while nobody was home, and just take off from there.  Hopped the fence, drove and got on the phone.. Paid my medical bills (debt free, as of today -whoooiiiiee).. returned a very overdue "atlas shrugged".. and now here i am again, back in the library, under very different circumstances.. It already looks different than from the last time I saw it, a few months ago.  I have a new backpack, and I actually have somewhere to go after this.  Im sorry if I cant let the whole homeless experience go, im sorry if I rehash alot of old bullshit, but it was a journey (if you could call it that).. it was spiritual in a way, and its constantly on my mind.. It changed me, and now I'm wearing new clothes, im debt free, and have an apartment to live in.

   Work tomorrow, and I get paid... and although im not interested in working on Polyester right now (im taking a break til march first) I still have it out sitting next to me, here at "my" desk in the Corona Public Library.

Life's good today, and mowing my old lawn, looking at the community I used to live in, I think about how we're all growing, how all of our work is mutating and evolving into much larger statements than we anticipated, and how time and movement has effected our mission, how it's effected what's being said in our paintings, or images, or whatever our medium may be.. im excited for our work, and im excited to see what this new year with all its retrogrades, and rogue planets.. im excited to see what the stars and moon bring us


No comments:

Post a Comment