Sunday, March 31, 2013

omitted piece


Missing the feeling of her hair in my hands, and stroking the side of her face, eyes closed; I watch her body, and the way her head hangs, as she stands near the sheets and sunlight to her back, coming in from the window, the street being ours, with no-one around, for miles and a half.  we smile to ease the moment, to keep the mood light, to show our feelings are in check, and all the things we've done, that might have hurt each other, none of them matter anymore, none of them matter right now, as we unwrap the presents, and the gifts under the lit tree.  As we see what we save for each other, and the not so difficult struggle we've shared in keeping this fire.  Feeling her shoulder blades against my palms, reminded of the first smile she gave me, and the days we wore sunglasses on the highway, driving next to the beach, and how we've always been together, this life between us.  we've added so many things, to each other.  Always by my side, I rub the back of her neck and breathe to her ear, the freckles dancing with her hales.  Each Christmas, something special, and every other day, even when I check my email and see something written from her... those moments we would both move in silence, those moments the fabric would crinkle and the nations quiet.

Lighting the way, through my dark paths, she leads me to a nibble, against her warm skin.  Slight sweat now, a change in pace as I feel the window is definitely closed, and like a sauna in here, she pulls me close, harder with an exhale.  I feel the softness of her tongue when I gently slide mine across her bottom lip.  we pull away, and kiss once, again. our hamds searching, and wiggling through the crevices, through the ridges of our bodies and stationary movements...

No comments:

Post a Comment