Tuesday, October 9, 2012

a visit

   Hopped the fence, around 1140ish.. friend waiting in my car, running idle.  Grabbed the bag I left, saw that all the lights were off, and in a once in a lifetime, last-ditch effort, whispered her sleeping name. 

   Nothing. 

Whispered it again...

   Nothing. 

   Dog sleeps through so many tv shows, and blaring Bjork songs... I remember us in my room, her asleep on my floor -fuckin snoring loud as fuck.  God, she wouldnt let me sleep with her out of control, rude sleeping antics.. it's like she was the only one in the room or some shit, but she was on my floor at one point, passed out in the room. Me, on the mattress, awake.. hella early, just staring at her.. kinda pissed off?  Yeah.  Kinda.  I was mad that she wouldnt shut the fuck up.. but I love her anyways, and understand that she needed the sleep or whatever, so I didnt wake her up.. I didn't put her outside, I just dealt with it, but anyways,

   "Buttercup.."

   Flash forward a couple years, 1143ish one night..

"BUTTERCUP, WHAT THE FUCK?"

   From the other side of the garage door, I hear her wake up.  I hear her shake around..  She rushes to the other side of the door, I hear.  I try to lift the thing up, but im not strong enough.  I try to slip my fingers underneath the door to her, but they're not long enough.  She smells me, I hear her nose.

"Buttercup.."  I whisper,  "..told you I'd come back.." 

   Her nose makes all this noise.. and though we don't touch, just knowing each other is there, divided by this door, divided by some beliefs, and morals, pages and scriptures, divided by alot of things.. We just know each other is there, and that's good enough.  And in our own little ways, possibly smiling inside, possibly farting with joy, I do our "secret call" (psssttttttttt!) one last time, and hurry back to my car, and waiting friend, and speed off down the street, finally re-united with my bag, and the contents inside, drive off into the night...

No comments:

Post a Comment