Friday, December 7, 2012

almost 2230

Last night I found a piece, to this puzzle.  And sitting here, at this table, ive begun employing it.  Utilizing it, practicing.. exploring it's weaknesses, boundries and possibilities I could only dream of.. so I'm taking a risk, I'm going out on a limb and starting the cover design for Polyester.. With the first pass written, this weekend, im going to start working on some of the artwork, and developing two characters.

I'm not sure when I can/should start posting this new artwork im doing, here in the second stage of creation, but you'll know it when you see it, and this tool, finally found after months of searching.. I could hardly sleep last night, just thinking about some of the work I want to do, and even tested it out on another project using a certain symbol, a certain helmet.  

In my mind im everyone... 

and taking advantage of the moment (something I learned to do while changing clothes in my car, or sneaking a quick piss in the wal-mart parking lot..) I was able to pump out about 10 pieces of this work, while the "duende" was still breathing, while the inspiration was still there...

When you wake up you're away... 

   and thinking back to what I've written:  Quardi Nake, asleep in the desert, dirt all over his head... I'm reminded that one day the desert does end.  One day you will get yourself, and privacy back.  A bed to sleep on, and four walls, and a locked door enclosing you in.  I'm reminded that -though constant, thunder does move on.  Storms pass.

   Now here I am,

in a city I love, with cool roommates and my car in a garage (!!!)... I have to admit that tonight I feel lucky, spoiled by life to have a shower so close, and walk-in closet at hand.  My stuff, folded.  The train station so far away... All my food in a pantry, and the books I lugged -lining my walls.  I must admit how blessed I've been, my whole life.

   Well, it's time for me to sleep now.  I am officially racking out, legs extended.

Goodnight  

No comments:

Post a Comment