Saturday, November 10, 2012

A use


   looking for construction sites in the middle of the night, just to use the "porter potty" and collecting water from a broken sprinkler on the way..

the rain is colder,
the cars pass faster,
the night is more lonely
/than it's ever been.

   I see the trash bags hanging from the chain linked fences, and wonder if there's any food in them, wonder how many people waste their money, on things they don't need.  And shopping at the best grocery stores, how their egos must be stroked when they swipe their gold card, and fall asleep to the thought of their frequent flyer miles, and insurance premiums.

   and sometimes i get mad at myself, and remind myself how badly I want to write the best work ive ever done, and wonder if every word reflects that desire.

and sometimes I lay back on this new blanket I got, in my cold weather field jacket, and laugh to myself.. examining all the connections that come and go with the cars, the connections here on my laptop's WIFI, and I think about all my friends... Dave hood, who's on the streets, bankrupt because of a brain surgery he had.. waiting for a social security check that never comes, and how differently each of our individual lives have turned out, and the piano playing in low octave and the hella reggae music I hear, coming from the walkie talkie of the security guard that unknowingly guards me, and the stains in my work pants, and the uncombed status of my impending hair tomorrow, and how it's falling out, and how I only have one shot at success in this life, and how I must be blowing it, sober.  how I must be blowing it by not forwarding some sort of violence, and some sort of irresolution with the people that piss me off and how funny the music sounds from other peoples laptops at the library, and how they must think that i cant hear the poor musical choices they decide, and the dance beats coming from the headphones, and the super high vibrato notes and the awkward eye contact they make with me when i walk by with my tucked in shirt, and even though I don't at you in my passengers seat, doesnt mean I don't care, and maybe at my job I get into people's heads too much, and maybe i invest alot in all people i meet, and how strange i must look taking long-ass gulps from the public water fountains, because i dont know when my next drink of water will come, because i don't know the schedule of the sprinklers (yet) because life has taught me that there are no guarantee's  that there are no promises, that the people who meet success aren't necessarily the ones that wanted it, that if you lose sleep over something you love, it might just end up hating you more.. life hasn't promised us anything, so we shouldn't hound ourselves, so we should give it our best and hope for the right outcome, that the dice will roll in our favor, that the rack will break and we'll pocket a few, that life is drunk, and that one day, it and it's smile, laughter, and mystery will fall on us like clouds on a mountaintop..

No comments:

Post a Comment